The DPSFC does not endorse any candidates in the Democratic Primary Elections. All candidates will be invited to speak at a ward meeting.
Meet and Greet Senate & CD3 Congressional Candidates
Music, Food, Fun, Conversation, Networking
Sat, Aug 31, 2019, 12-3pm
Edgewood Soccer Field & Pavilion
209 NM-344, Edgewood, NM
Join Marco Serna, Candidate CD-3, for a day of golf. Registration starts 8:00 am and tee time at 9:00 am. There will be door prizes, giveaways, and lunch will be provided at completion of the tournament.
Sponsorships and Teams:
- Platinum – $1000; includes 4 players + name on banner & hole sponsorship
- Gold – $750; includes 3 players + name on banner & hole sponsorship
- Silver – $300; includes 2 players + name on banner
- Team of 4 – $500
- Hole Sponsorship – $250
All team names must be submitted by Sept. 6th, 2019 to Cordy Medina, 505-316-5548, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make checks payable to: Committee to Elect Marco for Congress, Isabel Solano, Treasurer, PO Box 1445, Santa Fe, NM 87504
Monthly Forum: The Judiciary – Why Does It Matter?
Join us this Wednesday, July 17 at 6 pm to hear Justice C. Shannon Bacon, Judge Zachary Ives and Judge Brian Biedscheid, all appointed by Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham, discuss the judiciary’s importance in our democracy and why promoting an independent judiciary matters to you.
The Justice and Judges will discuss:
- The structure of the New Mexico Judiciary and the role of the Judiciary in State Government.
- The panoply and protection of individual rights under the state and federal constitution.
- Seminal cases decided by the New Mexico Judiciary.
- What you can do to ensure an independent judiciary.
Questions and answers will be in accordance with the Judicial Code of Conduct.
Wednesday, July 17, 6:00 – 7:30 pm
Center for Progress and Justice, 1420 Cerrillos Road, Santa Fe
National Center for Lesbian Rights (NCLR) and New Mexico Legal Aid (NMLA) are partnering to host a Rural Pride Summit in New Mexico. The summit will be September 19th-20th at SOMOS in Taos.
Thursday 9/19 we will start at 10am and go until 4pm (lunch provided), and Friday 9/20 we will start at 9am and go to 1pm (breakfast provided).
Please click HERE to register.